St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

581- An Atheist Professor

 

Several years ago, in USC University, there was an atheist philosopher professor

Who exerted much effort to make his students skeptic of God’s existence. The students were afraid of debating with him, as he was very eloquent. He continued on practicing such a hobby for twenty years while the students were not brave enough to confront him.

At the end of every academic year, he would stand among his students and say, “If there is still anyone believing in Jesus Christ let him stand up.” No one would have the bravery to stand up, knowing that he/she who would confess his faith would be called “Fool”.

St-Takla.org Image: Christ and the Rich Young Ruler (details 2: Jesus' face), painting by Heinrich Hofmann, 1889, Riverside Church, New York, USA. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: السيد المسيح والشاب الغني (تفاصيل 2 وجه يسوع)، رسمي الفنان هينريتش هوفمان، 1889، كنيسة ريفيرسايد، نيويورك، أمريكا.

St-Takla.org Image: Christ and the Rich Young Ruler (details 2: Jesus' face), painting by Heinrich Hofmann, 1889, Riverside Church, New York, USA.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: السيد المسيح والشاب الغني (تفاصيل 2 وجه يسوع)، رسمي الفنان هينريتش هوفمان، 1889، كنيسة ريفيرسايد، نيويورك، أمريكا.

He used to say, “If God exists let Him prevent this piece of chalk from falling down and breaking into pieces when I throw it.”

Once a Christian student felt bitter because of what that professor did. He felt responsible for witnessing for his God whatever the result would be. He prayed to God with tears to give him a chance to witness for Him. He asked God to reveal Himself before the professor in order to enjoy repentance and faith.

When the professor asked if there was still anyone believing in Jesus the young man stood bravely saying, “I believe in my Lord Jesus Christ.”

The professor was shocked. The attendants who were about three hundred persons were astounded.

The professor said, “Fool, if God exists let Him prevent this piece of chalk from falling from my hand and breaking into pieces.” Then, he threw the piece of chalk as he used to do. However, this time, he got astounded when the piece of chalk leapt from his hand to his shirt, trousers, and shoes and then it ran on the ground without being broken.

He was ashamed. Therefore, he ran away. As for the student, he stood amid his colleagues talking to them about the person of Lord Jesus Christ, his great love and care for us.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: أستاذ فيلسوف ملحد.

St-Takla.org Divider

You are the True Rock. Who can ever resist You!

Who can not refuge with humility to Your protection?

The one who does not possess You will certainly lose his/her life.

You are my Wonderful Savior.

“Keep me as the apple of Your eyes; hide me under the shadow of Your wings”

(Ps. 17.8).

 

“How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!

Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of your wings”

(Ps. 36.7).

 

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You;

And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until the calamity has passed by”

(Ps. 57.1).


 


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0581-sir.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/fg93wyt